position: Communication Officer
Purpose: The Purpose of ethe Communication Officer is to drive our communications strategy and deliver day-to-day communications work in developing, compelling visuals and stories that can appeal to the minds and hearts of our target audiences.
Dimensions of Role
• Work with the Program Team, to create and implement campaigns across programme portfolio.
• Capture stunning and professional photographs and videos, as well as excellent storytelling and copy-editing.
• Multi-task and work across project teams simultaneously and seamlessly.
• Drive visibility for ZEGCAWIS on all its social media platforms
• Draft social media posts for monthly social media calendar
• Schedule and post approved messages on campaign in Instagram, Linkin, Twitter and Facebook accounts
• Draft and send bimonthly social media toolkit
• Conduct research for and contribute to internal monthly social media newsletter
• Draft and submit ad hoc posts as requested
• Support Program Team with live online events
• Brainstorm and research ideas for original social media content, conduct social media marketing research.
• Ensure brand message is consistent, develop new strategies for increasing engagement
• Create engaging blog and social media contents and disseminate key information as requested.
• Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
• Facilitate stakeholder’s engagements Support Program Team to proactively engage in outreach using relevant technology and innovative tools.
Qualification and requirements:
- BSc mass communication
-flunecy in English and Hausa
- Photo, Audio and Video Editing skills
Qualified applicants should sent their CV occapany by 2 minutes video explaining why s/he think S/he best candidate for the job to Hr@Zegcawis.org and copy Zegcawis@gmail.com
on or before 10 April 2023.
NB: Qualified Female candidates and STRONGLY encourage to apply.
position: community Facilitator
Purpose:The Community facilitators will be responsible for all the community activities, including awareness creation, sensitization, facilitating community dialogue sessions, and engagement of community stake holders.
Dimension of Role
The Community facilitators will be responsible for the following:
• Creation of awareness and engagement of community structures on root causes of GBV and its consequences on survivor’s physical, mental and psychological wellbeing
• Identification of passionate and gender friendly community structure leaders to serve as GBV prevention committee
• Establishment of community based GBV prevention and Response committee
• Formation of aged and gender -based groups that is adolescent girls and Boys, as well as women and men groups
• To facilitate weekly session on Violence Against Person and Prohibition (VAPP) law.
• Coordinate Mass awareness and sensitization on VAPP law
• Facilitating referrals of GBV survivors to MDM facilities.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma in social Science or equivalent is required with 2 years’ experience on GBV prevention.
• Experience in community engagement is an added advantage
▪ Team player, clear communicator, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well under minimal supervision, and a commitment to ZEGCAWIS core values and gender
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Hausa and Kanuri.
Interested Applicants are advised to send an expression of interest stating the position as the subject along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Program and administrative Director.
Purpose:The Program and administrative Director is to coordinate all program and
administrative activities and ensure quality implementation of programs,
monitoring and evaluation of all program activities in the ZEGCAWIS
Dimensions of Role
• Effectively supervise all direct reports and ensure performance of their Duties.
Ensure the proper implementation of ZEGCAWIS’s performance
management system for direct reports, including job description
and annual performance objectives development, regular
feedback, mid-term reviews and quarterly performance appraisals.
• Proactively address performance issues through regular,
constructive and honest feedback and coaching.
• Identify necessary staff development and career development
opportunities for direct reports.
• Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined,
understood and followed by direct reports.
• Ensure that direct report work is guided by ZEGCWIS’s core value
• Coordinate project team planning activities, including the
development of annual, semi-annual and quarterly work plans
Make regular assessments of the competencies of and develop coaching plans for all staff.
• Ensure that the best practices identified during the analysis of the
results, during the supervisory and exchange meetings, are
disseminated and applied in all the ZEGCAWIS program
• Spot-check that complete and up to date data and reports are
maintained by the organization for all Project.
• Ensure that reports and returns are submitted to the management
and relevant government authorities as stipulated in the regulations and policies
Participate in monthly tripartite meetings bringing together all relevant stakeholders ,facilitators, ZEGCAWIS staffs and Partner to analyze the data, identify the difficulties encountered and help
them find solutions.
• Supports monitoring and evaluation initiatives at program implementing locations including submission of monthly
scorecards and quarterly reports
• Maintain and use strong monitoring systems to track and report on activities and results to support effective delivery of program
• Periodically review performance metrics with the Monitoring,
Evaluation and Learning officer and employ use of data for decision making.
• Facilitate documentation and dissemination of appropriate case
studies, experiences, best practice and lessons
• Encourage sharing of learning and experience with the team,
across the organization and with like-minded/peer organizations
Qualification and requirements.
▪ BSc. or equivalent in management and social science, Public
administration, or related experience is required
• Masters in Development and Humanitarian
Studies or related field is an added advantage.